The Federal government, local and state governments, private industry, and non-profits all have extraordinary need for well-educated and qualified professionals in the area of Public Administration, Political Science and Law. These industry sectors really do require advanced and specialized degrees for career positions and job growth. Advanced degrees include Master and Doctoral programs including the JD for law, and Ph.Ds in both Political Science and Public Administration. Additionally there are a variety of Master degree programs including Law focused programs for individuals seeking a breadth of knowledge across this exciting and rewarding career field. To meet the growing demand of highly skilled and well-educated professionals, accredited Universities and Colleges have developed programs that offer flexibility for time dedication while providing the essential and required skills and certifications. While the Bureau of Labor Statistics states that job growth in these sectors is expected to remain average, individuals with advanced degrees in these disciplines can experience extraordinary career growth and additional income. As our world becomes more and more interconnected, Political Scientists, Public Administrators and Lawyers with a variety of skills and specialties will become more and more in demand.
What is Public Administration, Political Science & Law
Political Science is a discipline that includes the inner workings, development, origin and operation of political systems. Many Undergraduates considering a career path in Public Administration or Law choose Political Science as their major. Public Administration is the interdisciplinary practice and discipline that includes law, political science, sociology and economics principles and theories that guides governmental political figures around the world. The industry of Law focuses on the legal system that is based on rules established and enforced by local, state and Federal governing bodies. Law professionals can concentrate their focus on a variety of industries including healthcare, financial services, crime, environmental, maritime, and much more. Together, these three disciplines are interconnected and yet each has their very own roles in the inner workings of society.
Advancing your Public Administration, Political Science & Law
Political Science, Law and Public Administration are all careers that most often require advanced degree programs including Master and Ph.D degrees for the highest earning potential and career growth opportunity. Individuals seeking to increase their job security, or are looking for new career opportunities or new career paths, can find both online and on-campus advanced degree programs. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, Political Scientists on average have a minimum of a Master’s degree, and many have Ph.Ds. As the global atmosphere has changed vastly over the last decade, professionals with the background and education in Political Science, Public Administration and Law have increased. Degree programs ensure that these professionals stay up-to-date and relevant in their careers and knowledge.
Public Administration, Political Science & Law Degrees
Advanced degrees in Public Administration, Political Science and Law are available in a wide array of disciplines for professionals in these fields to find the right degree program. To meet the ever increasing need for well-educated Public Administration, Political Science and Law sector individuals, accredited and well-respected Colleges and Universities have specially crafted online degree programs to ensure that even busy executives can upgrade their educational background with the ultimate in flexibility. No longer are individuals limited to full-time only advanced degree programs that are offered in their local vicinity; today many reputable Universities offer distance education programs exclusively online.
- Political Science & Diplomacy Degree: Focuses on broadening students understanding and knowledge of Diplomacy and Political Science. Advanced degree programs, including Master degree program are available online and on-campus through accredited Colleges and Universities.
- Law & Paralegal Studies Degree: Paralegal and Law degrees are available in undergraduate, graduate and JD degrees. Paralegals are currently projected to experience the most significant job growth over the next decade of any of these careers according to the BLS. Coursework in Law and Paralegal programs includes political science, legal studies, research methodology, civil rights, corporate law, criminal law, intellectual property law.
- Public Administration & Policy Degree: A Master of Public Administration degree is designed to provide students with the knowledge and best practices in financial management, ethics, research methods, organizational management, legislative practices and theories, and more. This degree program helps prepare individuals for positions within the Government and within Governmental Agencies and Non-profits.
Public Administration, Political Science & Law Schools & Colleges
When choosing to further your educational background, skills, and knowledge for this rapidly changing industry, it is important to fully vet the Colleges and Universities whose degree programs you are interested in. Accreditation, faculty expertise, rankings, and history all play a major roll in the value of the degree you receive. Today, many well-established and accredited Colleges and Universities have created specialized degree programs that include full-time in residency programs, part-time or weekend programs, and online distance education degree programs.
- The George Washington University: In 1821, through an Act of the U.S. Congress, George Washington University was founded to establish a national institution of higher learning center. Through the University Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration Public Admin and Political Science programs are available including Professional Certificates, Master and Doctoral degree programs. Both Master of Public Administration and Master of Public Policy programs are offered and there are many fields of concentration available including Budget & Public Finance, Education Policy, Nonprofit Management, Urban Policy, National Security Policy and International Development Management. Additionally, a multidisciplinary Ph.D. program in Public Policy and Administration is offered.
- Norwich University: Since 1819 Norwich University has fostered a distinguished history of excellence in education, ethics, and student preparation. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges Inc, through the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, this University offers a variety of Bachelor’s and Master’s program both on campus, and through state-of-the-art online programs for professionals aspiring to increase their marketability through advanced degrees in Public Administration and Political Science.
- Vermont Law Schooll: The Vermont Law School is one of only a handful of small independent law schools in the nation. For over 20 years, it has been ranked no less than #2 for Environmental law by U.S. News & World Report. This cutting-edge law school offers both Juris Doctor and Master’s Degrees and more than 10 joint and dual degree programs. An Online Master of Environmental Law and Policy is available as is a post-JD LLM in Environmental Law.
- Champlain College: Founded in 1878, Champlain College has a long-standing tradition of providing outstanding educational opportunities for their students. Today, they offer undergraduate, graduate and certificate degree programs on campus and online.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law: Since its inception, the Thomas Jefferson School of Law has focused their efforts on providing students with the knowledge, skills, tools and preparation needed to succeed in this field. Accredited by the American Bar Association, and member of the Association of American Law Schools, Thomas Jefferson School of Law is an intimate school with a diverse and technologically advanced campus. JD, Master degrees and Academic Certificates are available both online and on-campus.
- University of San Francisco: The University of San Francisco was founded in 1855 as San Francisco’s first educational institution of higher learning. The USF School of Law was established in 1912 and has successfully prepared students for 100 years for exciting careers in the Law. Degree programs include JD, LLM Programs, and a variety of Professional Certificate Programs.
- University of Southern California: Founded in 1879, the University of Southern California has been the leader in Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral degree programs since its inception. The focus here is to develop, cultivate and enrich the human mind and sprit of students through teaching artistic creation and research. Since 1929, USC has offered a Master of Public Administration degree program through the Sol Price School of Public Policy.
- New England College: The New England College is a small, private, non-profit educational institution focused on providing innovative degree programs with personal support and attention to their students. A variety of Undergraduate, Graduate and Professional Certificates are available both on campus and online. Coursework includes studies in political science, critical thinking, writing skills, law, administration, and more.
Public Administration, Political Science, and Law Careers & Salary
Through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, we get a snapshot of career opportunities, job growth potential and median wages for this exciting industry. Lawyers with a JD degree have a median wage of $112,760 and are projected to have a 10% growth over the next decade, which is about average across all industries and careers. Paralegals however are projected to experience an 18% job growth over that same time while the median wage is $46,680. Political Scientists holding a Master’s Degree enjoy a $107,420 median wage and are projected to experience a 8% growth over the next decade. While the BLS does not specifically list Public Administration figures for the Political Science and Law industry, one can surmise that median salaries could range from that of the Political Scientists to Lawyers.
- Becoming a City Manager: Is a career in city management right for you? Check out the details of the position and what you’ll need to do to get there.
- A Guide to Masters of Public Administration Jobs & Salaries: Discover opportunities in public administration and the outlook for this exciting field.
Public Administration, Political Science, and Law Resources
Today more than ever, it is vital that Public Administration, Political Science and Law industry professionals stay up-to-date on the latest information, industry news, research and breaking world news to stay well informed. This website has a variety of resources available including research, articles and much more.
- What is the Difference Between Public Management and Public Administration: Learn about differences and opportunities in these fields.
- What is the Role of Chief of Staff in Public Administration: Discover this important role and if it may be a desirable career choice for you.
- What is Public Administration: Learn about the field of public administration and the opportunities that exist within it.